Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hey wow, chu doin?

Roughly translated from Cole-speak to English means "Hey cat, what are you doing?". I'm pretty sure the cat responded with "Hey kid, not much, just enjoying this sunbeam."

Might seem trivial to some, but Cole's language skills have been a little slow in developing. I try not to worry, especially since he's been busting out at least one new word a day lately. This does signify the longest intelligable sentence I've heard out of him though! Understandable stuff tends towards two word exclamations of "No, mine!" or "Cole eat!". Unintelligable stuff is plenty, he yammers at me constantly, and my response is usually "oh really?". His receptive language is great, he understands us perfectly and can execute any action we request (only if he wants to, of course...).

I'm glad to be seeing more progress with communication. I suppose the next stage of this will be me asking how I can get him to stop talking so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment